There are two types of single girls out there- you know who you are…
1. The one who gets sad every time she sees a friend post a picture with their boyfriend, the girl who is always on her phone texting at least three guys looking for a date that night, and the one who will kiss just about anyone on New Year’s Eve just so they can say they weren’t by themselves.
2. The one who would rather drink wine, watch Netflix and cuddle with her dog than go out with her friends for the night. Wants a boyfriend but doesn’t really try too hard and is too lazy to go and try to find a date for New Year’s Eve so she ends up drinking by herself.
Neither of these types of girls are bad…they’re not good, but not too bad. But if you want to get out of your comfort zone and try things a little differently this year, here are a few tips on how to survive New Year’s Eve being single (or in other words, don’t be a fucking mope this year):
- Have a guy you’ve been talking to for a while? Grow some balls and ask him to hang out with you on New Year’s! What’s the worst that could happen, he says no? That will show you right there that he’s just not that into you- why wouldn’t he want to spend a night with you where he’s pretty much guaranteed a kiss at the end? On the flip side if he does say yes you’re practically guaranteed a kiss at the end of the night!
- Get together with your friends or family, I can almost assure you that you’ll have a better time with them then hanging out with a guy. Go to a club and dance the night away and watch the confetti drop from the ceiling when midnight comes; if you’re really feeling good, try to find a guy to kiss at midnight (but don’t get desperate…Single girl type #1). Go to your family’s house and order Chinese food and play board games all night. These people are your support system, they will be there to make you laugh when you’re feeling down about a guy.
- Buy yourself a really cute outfit. One thing that can make you feel so much better about being alone is if you feel good about yourself. Even if you have no one to show it off to, get a really cute sequined outfit, do your hair and makeup and take some selfies! Your self-esteem will be booming! You don’t need a man to feel pretty, and you shouldn’t be depressed wearing sweats with your hair in a pony on New Year’s Eve- it’s a special night! You should come into the New Year looking and feeling good, so go out and buy yourself that cute outfit!
- Drink. Drink, because you’re celebrating a new year (surrounded by friends or family) - don’t drink because you’re sad that you don’t have a man by your side!
It’s okay to be single around the holidays!!! You’ve been able to spend more time with your family instead of splitting your time with his family too. And the best part is that you can spend more money on yourself rather than spending it on buying stuff for a boyfriend! One day you’ll have your When Harry Met Sally Moment, but for now it’s okay to enjoy it by yourself, or with someone who may not be a permanent person in your life. Being 20-something should be about having fun, not sitting in your PJ’s watching the ball drop being sad that you don’t have a guy to kiss.